Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Boast to Normality

I am keeping true to the promise I made myself to post everything I wrote. This is actually the making of an English assignment where we had to act like "Beowulf" and write a poem boasting about ourselves. Your points were taken off if you were not boastful enough or you said "I am Kind of". The assignment stated you had to act sure of yourself and say "I AM the best". Me, being a very modest person, hated this assignment and was really shy when having to read it in front of the class. I did my best and got the grade I wanted, so I wanted to post this, making sure to keep my promise :)


A Boast to Normality
Megan Young

Some people say I’m funny
Some people like my style,
But I am here to tell you
I am much more worthwhile

They failed to notice my noblesse
Is nothing less than perfectness
I can draw a large crowd
With the words I put out

My adventures exceed some others limit
And the boundary grows with each passing minute
I can shoot, or strive, or even sky dive
And through all of this I have learned to survive

My parents, Karen and Rob
Beam down at me from their job
Dentistry is my dad’s calling
Whereas mom keeps children from bawling

Someday I will become an author
And maybe someday even more
My patience is something of a gem
We will get there now or then

But as for today
I will keep my talents at bay
And although my boastfulness could use some work
I am the very best at the worst of quirks

No comments:

Post a Comment