Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Tarry and Tessa


Tarry the lonely turtle wandered on the beach. He had been walking for a very long time all by himself. He could never find one place that made him happy. One day Tarry came across a petite rock sitting on the sand. Tarry, being blinded by its beauty, thought the rock was another turtle. “Oh my dear” he said “what are you doing here all alone?” The rock said nothing. “Oh darling, do not worry, I will not leave you” The rock said nothing. Tarry was filled with joy that she did not send him away. “Please my dear, I see you are speechless, but say something.” The rock hesitated, but said nothing once more. Slightly disappointed, Tarry answered her silence. “It’s alright my Love, I see you are shy. You do not need to speak for me to know you love me back” The rock said nothing. Heaving a sign, Tarry gave in to the silence, settling in next to his dear love for the night. 

Days passed by slowly with no peep from the silent rock. Tarry grew scared he would never get his love to speak to him. Although, there was another turtle that was drawn to the spot where Tarry and the rock sat. Her name was Tessa and she was far more beautiful than the rock ever hoped to be. Tessa came across the sleeping Tarry and giggled. “Hello sir, but what are you doing?” Tarry, alarmed, looked up at the beautiful Tessa “Oh my dear, you have ended your vow of silence” Tessa, not knowing what the strange turtle was meaning, shrugged it off. Tessa walked next to the silly turtle and smiled. “You look lonely” she said. Tarry brightened “Yes, I am in fact” he said hopefully. Tessa smiled at the lonely turtle and said “Well, You’ll never be lonely again.” They were both filled with such happiness that they decided to make a home on the beach. After that, Tarry and Tessa lived happily ever after alongside that silent rock who would never speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment